|A little rain can't deter us from having fun|
PETITE TRAVELLERS : What was the weather like when you travelled?
ANGIE : We travelled to Queensland in early December and enjoyed gorgeous sunshine (minus the humidity that we are familiar with back home). There were passing showers on one of the days when we were in Dreamworld but it didn’t dampen our moods. We took shelter at the animal sanctuary and donned our ponchos to continue exploring.
|Cute little ponchos for little travellers|
PETITE TRAVELLERS : Do you have any kid-friendly tips for families planning a trip to Queensland?
ANGIE : Here are some kid-friendly tips:
- Rent a car from a reputable company (e.g. Avis), which offers 24/7 roadside assistance in case of breakdown. Remember to include GPS and an approved child seat.
- Request for the bassinet row for your flight so the child can nap in it and you get to enjoy extra legroom.
- Stay in a service apartment. It’s usually cheaper than hotels, provides more room for kids to roam and allows simple meal preparation.
- Bring along sunscreen lotion, hat and mozzie repellants if you are travelling in Summer.
- Log on to free wifi at Macdonalds restaurants and cafes if you do not wish to purchase a local SIM card.
- Plan your travel dates early and book your flights at least half a year ahead to enjoy greatest savings on airfare. Scoot (an SQ subsidiary flies direct to Gold Coast 5 times per week).
- Visit Macys in Brisbane in the month of December and kids get to ride in a Santa Claus Train and meet Mr. Santa himself!
|View from our serviced apartment in Sunshine Coast|
PETITE TRAVELLERS : Describe a special memory from your travels.
ANGIE : We really enjoyed our strawberry picking experience at the Strawberry Fields. It’s an actual working farm so you see tractors and farmers at work pruning the plants. The strawberries were big, red, juicy and sweet. We enjoyed the yummiest freshly made strawberry ice-cream at the farm before we left. Simply memorable both for kids and adults.
|PYO - Pick Your Own Strawberries|
|Fancy some strawberry ice-cream?|
PETITE TRAVELLERS : What is your favourite photo from this trip, and why?
ANGIE : It has got to be this photo of Dana on the Big Bird Bounce. It was her very first thrill ride and at 2, she barely met the height limit and was the tiniest among all the kids but she loved every second of it and even sat on it twice.
PETITE TRAVELLERS : Share a pic of a happy find or unexpected discovery.
ANGIE : We were driving along Surfers Paradise when we chanced upon this amazing playground at Anzac Park. It has a flying fox designed specially for kids, a cycling ride around the track for parents and child, swings, balance beams and more cool playground structures for kids. Even though it was dinnertime, we had so much fun that we were reluctant to leave. This was not in our itinerary but it became one of the highlights we remember fondly.
|Daddy and Daughter bonding time|
|Loving the flying fox!|
Did you enjoy our petite conversation? You can follow @petitetravellers on Instagram.